Fender Marcus Miller

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shnapper, May 17, 2005.

What color should I buy?

Poll closed May 20, 2005.
  1. Natural

35 vote(s)
  2. 3 Color Burst

29 vote(s)
  1. shnapper

May 1, 2005

I found a cool little local shop in my area that's willing to give me a nice price on the Fender Miller Bass.

My online poll is for you all to help me chose the color. Should I go for the natural or the 3 color burst-a la jaco?

please vote.... :help:
  2. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    Meh i cant really help ya with colour seeing as most of the bodies covered by that massive pickguard. Thats my only ditaste towards those basses is their ugly pickguard.
  3. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    I'd go burst, most of the millers I've seen are natural, and burst always looks good.

p.s. I'm not sayin' natural dousn't look good, I just think burst looks cooler
  4. I think they both look great. If it was the same price either way and both were in the exact same condition, I don't know if I could decide. I'd probably go with the sunburst since it's a little different than what you usually see as far as MM Jazzes go...and that I currently don't have a sunburst in my stable.
  5. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I had a natural. I really like the Olympic white.
  6. shnapper

May 1, 2005

Ya I like the white, but I prefer the other two colors so I made the poll a simple two color format.

Now I see you all wouldn't be a good lifeline if I was on "who wants to be a millionare HEHEHEEHE.

With a slight margin going to Sunburst I'm still up in the air, I was hoping for a tilt to one side. I will keep my eyes on this, but I will have the guitar ordered by tomorrow around noon.

The guitar is coming to me for under 8 bills out the door brand new so I'm really stoked........
  7. i say go for the sunburst for sake of being a bit different, i have yet to see a sunburst one in person, only the naturals, which are beautiful.
  8. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I voted natural. It's common, but it just looks so good.
  9. bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    I agree. Can't stand that pickguard. Might as well coat the whole bass in plastic. I wish Marcus would have had Sadowsky route his old jazz in the back... would have made more sense to me.
  10. RobertUI

RobertUI Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    Being that my main bass is my '80 T40 I have to go with the natural. Also FWIW I LOVE the large pickguard, it just screams FUNK to me... but remember it's just an opinion :hyper:
  11. timinator

May 8, 2005
    Careful amigo! Don't let your eyes fool you into buying an inferior piece of wood... No two sticks are identical, so qualify each with your ears first. (Cool bass either way!)
  12. shnapper

May 1, 2005
    I agree, I'm going to play one right now that's actually still in the box @ G.C.

It's amazing over the last 24 hours how I've haggled legitimately over the phone with 3 different stores (G.C., Sam Ash and a small shop I won't name out of respect) to get the price down to about 7 bills. Makes me wonder how much room there is to go lower? :confused:

2 other shops have this bass 200 bucks higher and will not budge on the price. It's like bicycle shops to me, they say pay more at your local and get better service, well not for such a drastic price difference I won't....... :rollno:

Oh and I've decided on the natural.......... :D