1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender MB-5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FL Knifemaker, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I picked this up a little while back from TBer Lorenzini. It's an awesome bass but I'm going in the fanned fret direction and thinning out my collection.

Here is Lorenzini's description, I hope he doesn't mind:

It's a Fender MB-5, Made in Japan. Great build quality, construction and feel.

Here are the specs:

3-piece hard rock maple neck w/ nice volute
    Rosewood board with lovely grain
    22 precisely seated, levelled, dressed, crowned, and polished frets
    Weight approximately 7.5 pounds--maybe less!
    34' scale, spacing approximately 16mm
    Brand new EMG J5 pickups
    Brand new premium Stew-Mac 25k pots, wiring, and knobs
    Fully-shielded with copper and dead quiet
    Brand new DR Lo Riders, but I will include new Ken Smith Rockmasters.
    Paint nicks on body, neck and body have well-played 'broken in' feel
    Strap locks

Wonderful bass. I can set it up to play clean at 2/32" action OR LOWER. The neck is in awesome shape and is totally broken in.

I will add, this is a very light bass with narrow string spacing. It would be great for someone with smaller hands. I have big hands and fat fingers and I played it with no problem. It has very articulate B string!!

I need to move some basses! $300 shipped within the US. Paypal preferred, I'll eat the feas :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

If this is my old bass (I'm pretty sure it is), man, it's a KILLER bass! Can't get any better for the money!

3. I'm sure it was yours, thanks for the bump! I've never seen another one. It will put some much more expensive 5ers to shame!! :smug:

4. And this baby is SOLD!! :hyper:

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Somebody is going to be VERY happy with this bass!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.