No longer available Fender Mex Jazz Bass - Duncan Basslines - 2 pickguards

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kshipley1, Jul 20, 2018.

1. kshipley1

kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Knoxville
    Price:
    Strings:
    Great playing and sounding Fender Jazz bass. It has been upgraded with Duncan bassline jazz pickups that sound big with great tone.
    Also comes with two pickguards, tortoise shell and black. Black guard is new and still has the clear plastic on it.
    Neither pickguard is screwed in and the black one will require a little sanding. Existing body holes don't line up with tort guard, but it stays on w/double sided tape.

Weight is a comfy 9 lbs and the neck plays really well. Nice feel and great tone from the Duncan pickups.
    No case or gigbag. *Guitar strap not included.

Attached Files:

2. CentralCoastBass

CentralCoastBass Guest

Feb 4, 2004
    Nice looking bass but it’s not a MIM Fender....at least not the neck, which appears to be a Squier or Mighty Mite with a fake decal.

jk_bass and mobdirt like this.
  3. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Hate to say it but I agree with @CentralCoastBass... that is definitely not a Fender neck. It does look like a decent parts bass though and priced appropriately in my opinion. It has good pickups and hardware. If it plays well then it's probably a pretty good deal actually.

CentralCoastBass likes this.
  4. kshipley1

kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Knoxville
    Well, heck. I will pull the neck and see what it is. Sorry, I guess I was duped. I bought it because it sounded great. I'll temporarily pull the ad.

5. kshipley1

kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Knoxville
    Took photos of neck and neck pocket, reposted as parts bass. Fender licensed parts. Thx for the heads up guys.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021