Fender Mexi Deluxe or Washburn RB2002?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zillo, Sep 6, 2003.

1. zillo

Jun 5, 2003

It's near time to upgrade my bass!. I've been looking at the Fender Mexican Deluxe jazz (the active bass) and the Washburn RB 2002.

They are both active, comparable in retail price, and both are nice playing instruments.

Any thoughts as to which of these might be the best buy, most versatile, sound you like better, or any of the other intangibles?

I've tried both, like both, and can't make up my mind!:meh:
  2. lionel

Sep 3, 2003
    Guadeloupe - FWI
    in my opinion, the fender is the best choice because of the number of style you can play with.

You 'll find on the mex jbass, all that make fender instrument so unique, playability, sound, design even it doesn't sound like an expensive US jazzbass it approachs it.

I own one (passive) and I really like it . I've upgraded it by installing a J/J single coil pickups sadwoski and a shaller bridge...

when I hear my other expensives basses, the "little fender" is not ridiculous at all !!!

but I know the final choice is a really personnal !!! ;)
  3. pvriesinga

Jul 15, 2003
    Sarnia Ontario
    I own an rb2002. From the first time i saw it i knew i had to have it. It is a very weighty bass and the fisnish they put on it is the best i have ever seen. The action kind of sucks when you first get it but after the guy at the shop had his way with it it felt perfect. Sound wise i love it. If you do decide to go with the washburn, see if you can find one from Ebay.