Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Mexican Active Jazz deluxe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Julien, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Julien

Julien

Dec 29, 2001
    Paris,France
    pleae could you tell me what a good price woulb be for this bass in america...i'm french but i don't want to pay an extra 200 dollars just for the expotation here in france

2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Welcome to TB,Julien.
    You should be able to find a MIM Deluxe Jazz new for around $530.

3. Hey love your name, somewhat like mine, except I spell it Julian. Ca va? Je etudie le francais pendant 6 ans dans l'ecole. J'ai une amie dans Nantes. Je veux aller a visiter pendant l'ete. Mais je veuz aussi voir Paris parce-que il y a beacuoup de musees que je veux voir, et j'aime l'art.
    -Julian

4. Toneman

Toneman

Jun 6, 2001
    Long Island
    Mike is on target about the price which btw includes a gig bag. I just want to mention that I own one ( 5 string) and its a great bass. Unlike most J' its completely quiet due to the humbucker pups. I've owned a few MIA fenders and this bass is every bit as good I find that the fender deluxe series is a cut above the standard mim it actually has ameican pups and preamp and same finish as the american, imo on par with the american series. best of luck. Tony Toneman

5. Julien

Julien

Dec 29, 2001
    Paris,France
    tu vas adorer notre pays Julian!

6. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I have that bass it's so nice !!

I pay it € 900 in Brussels so ... try to find cheaper in France ... and get it !

7. Julien

Julien

Dec 29, 2001
    Paris,France
    i saw it today in a shop at 715 euros..maybe i'll get it..i just don't like the color(the one in the shop is candy apple red)but i'm wandering if the bass is not too "good" for me..i've been practicing for one year only.....what do you think?

8. there's no such thing as "too good for you" if it's in your budget. you owe it to yourself to play and learn on a good instrument.

et moi, je veux visiter la France aussi, mais il coute trop cher pour moi maintenant. peut-etre apres l'universite, quand j'ai d'argent... :rolleyes:

9. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Voi sest en vitar mois aven li ptre duex nwar. Ya habba habba voit!!!!!!!

10. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    If I insulted anyone in that last message it was purely accidental.

I want a MIM Jazz Deluxe. I own a MIA P-Deluxe, and played the Jazz a few times. I almost wish I had saved the $500 extra bucks. I also think you may as well buy a decent bass right from the get-go. It may give you more incentive to play, and it'll probably save ya some bucks in the long run.

11. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    715€ c pas mal va y ...
    Moi aussi je jouais que depuis un an kan je l'ai acheté et je la regrette pas .... je l'ai eu en Août et en septembre j'achetais une 5 cordes ...

Tu va voir cette basse est vraiment bien ...

Bye Ju

@+
    :cool:

12. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Julien,
    I think this is a great bass for someone who has been playing a year. You will really enjoy it, and it will last you years since it's a very good quality instrument!:cool:

13. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    I have one and I love it. No problems at all, I've been playing it about a year and a half and I have no intent to upgrade its a great instrument. I got mine for $375 with a hardshell case, I thought it was a good deal and I dont regret it. Maybe you should look for a used one, I'm sure there are plenty out there.

14. Julien

Julien

Dec 29, 2001
    Paris,France
    so i think i will follow your advice and get that onderful bass...i would have liked the white one but for 715 the red is quite a good deal.....

15. Toneman

Toneman

Jun 6, 2001
    Long Island
    Julien get the bass but wait and get the color you like dont settle or yu'll be sorry.I have a artic white and its a beauty my othe J is black. I had a candy apple red P bass and didn't like it. So if you like white then wait for one Good luck!!