1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender MIA 75 RI Jazz Limited edition?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lowendbob, May 7, 2006.

1. Does anyone know anything about these limited run J basses?
    I understand they where made in three different finishes, CAR LPB, and Oly white, with matching headstocks. I also heard Fender made 75 of each, and they where meant for the European market but remained here.

Also, how is the quality of this run compared to the regular 75 RI?

I ran a Google search, and can't find anything on this run.

2. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    I had one in LPB that looked stunning. '70s Jazz Bass Special Edition was it's name and It sounded great, but alas the neck wasn't doing it for me, had to send it back to the store.
    If you can find one and play it first, they're a great buy for the price but the build quality isn't as high as the American Vintage reissue.

3. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    Where they Ash or Alder?

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I own a car 75RI special edition and here's what it is, An ash bodied rosewood necked jazz with "vintage 75" pups 200 pieces made. No counrty of origin on the bass meant for the european market(export) but only approximately75 went abroad and the rest where sold here. The bass is true to a 75 bass except for color which was not offered in that year. The white and blue bass came later and are not exactly the same as the car bass, they are also marketed as "70's" jazz basses and not 75RI's Here is the hang tag with sku from Fender for my bass.
    DSC01013.

5. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    Do you have pics of the bass?

6. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Here ya go :) PA070041.
    75R.

7. Splanky

Splanky

Jun 10, 2002
    Gothenburg Sweden
    Here ya go!

My beauties :D

IMGP4144.

Swopped the white pg to blk:

Twins.

Br!

Henrik

8. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Black on CAR really is hawt...

9. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    :eek:...........th CAR jazz w/ black pickguard is amazing.!

If I were you, I'd definitely put a tort guard on that LPB Jazz. (of course that's IMO!)

10. Pyrohr you are the man. I now remember posting my same question over at the Dudepit last year sometime, and you responded with your pictures. Awesome looking CAR!
    Man, I must be getting old, and forgetfull.

I bought this topic up again because I finally was able to get my hands on a 2004 Oly White.
    Since the CAR has an ash body, do the LPB, and white have the same body, or do they have the alder body?
    Also, does anyone know what these cost at the time new?

Thanks everyone for responding! :D

11. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    The car bass was $1499.00