Fender MIA Colours

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Firestrung, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Firestrung

Firestrung

Jul 7, 2009
    Does anyone else find that the Fender MIA colours aren't too inspiring? Like charcoal and blizzard pearl. Even that red they have. I mean, the mainstays are always there, black, white, three tone sunburst. But why not have a nice blue, green or purple or something. Even natural or a transparent colour (sunset orange, like a couple years ago!) would be really great.

I dunno... as someone who's day job requires him to work with hundreds of different colours, I find their choices to be a bit bland. Anyone else think so?

2. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
  3. pigsonthewing

pigsonthewing

Jul 7, 2009
    New Yawwk
    I agree most of their colors are just so boring they need more surf green and daphne blues and yellows and stuff it would be so much better

4. Animal Mother

Animal Mother

Jul 24, 2009
    Montreal
    I love surf green too. It seems that they only make standard colors now and nothing unusual. I guess sunburst is everybody's choice these days.

I've got a cream-coloured Fender Jazz MIA (1999). I've bought it used and it has a black pickguard. I'm planning to replace it for a tortoise pickguard...

5. My Blizzard Pearl P Bass looks great. I almost got the Charcoal, thank god I didn't, I've seen a couple of them at GC and they look terrible. After having nothing but black basses, I though I'd change it up, and I have no regrets.

6. I really love Olympic White with a maple fretboard, plus a very colorful pickguard (as in my profile pic). The pick guard really pops against the white on maple.

Edit: Poor lighting/photography don't do it justice.

7. +1

Absolutely, this is why I just bought a CIJ Fender Jazz from a dealer in Tokyo.

My beef is not only the colors, but the lack of ash bodies for those of us who dig that. Why is the majority alder? And the only color offering in ash is usually natural.

That Transparent Sunset Orange was hot over an ash body. And the Deluxe offered a Trans Teal Blue, very pretty. All gone now, good luck on the used market.

Yep, I'm a little disappointed in the color offerings, which is why I'll continue to buy Japanese or build my own.

8. Yerf Dog

Yerf Dog

Jun 29, 2009
    Carol Stream, IL
    I just got my Blizzard Pearl jazz last Friday and I think it looks great. I am thinking of adding Black Pearl pick guard at some point.

9. aresc

aresc

Mar 26, 2009
    I was in search for a new jazz recently and tge colour range of the mia fender forced me to buy used.
    I d prefer a blonde,a car,a surf green or a lake placid blue anytime to the current colour range

10. i like the amber/tort/maple combination like my jazz (currently for sale).
    33uv85l.jpg

11. Firestrung

Firestrung

Jul 7, 2009
    See, I knew I wasn't alone! Speaking of the blizzard pearl, as a few of you guys mentioned, I did play one at the local shop and yeah, I thought it played great, sounded great and everything... but the colour still left me feeling kind of... I dunno. I have a great Strat in lake placid blue, and I'd love to have a Jazz in that colour. Or Emerald green! Even if there was an upchard of like $50 or something for alternative colours, I'd pay it to have the bass I wanted in the colour I wanted.

And no one give me that Henry Ford quote...!!!

12. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    california
    i love my charcoal frost, but i wouldn't mind seeing more colours including transparents available. although, that would make me want to buy them and that's bad.

13. Soverntear

Soverntear

Mar 17, 2008
    Toronto
    i don't see what the problem with extra colors would be, esp since i keep hearing how th 08 and beyond fenders are things of beauty to play. guess fender is trying to cut cost by not having to order small amounts of colored paints

14. Demonator

Demonator Guest

Jun 14, 2009
    what does blizzard pearl look like?

15. Thats what I was gonna say. I saw one of those Transparent Sunset Orange jazzes at a local store. They wanted a grand so I declined, but that is now my favorite jazz bass color from Fender.

16. It is very simple; the more unusual colors just don't sell well enough to justify being included in Fender's color palatte.

17. The Wrench

The Wrench

Feb 13, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    I just happened to look at a '62 AV RI Jazz on the Musician's Friend site. The options are the usual Oly White, Black, and 3 tone burst, but the photos showed Lake Placid. Anyone know if LPB is an option for next year?

18. Surly

Surly

Feb 2, 2007
    South Florida
    I agree the colors aren't too great. Although I do like the Candy Cola, I still play a normal black/rosewood. With the white pickguard, it's just simple and I like it. When I get bored of the black I pick up my Sonic Blue Squier.

19. aresc

aresc

Mar 26, 2009

fender's policy is keeping the best selling colours(black,sunburst) and they tactically ch8ange the rest availiable colours in order to raise interest.

20. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    california
    interesting...
    they also show the black with a white as opposed to tort pickguard in one of the pics as well...