1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender MIA Deluxe Jazz V: Opinions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by buffalobillh, Apr 9, 2010.

1. buffalobillh

buffalobillh

Jul 20, 2005
    Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Samuel Shen Basses, NS Design, D'Addario Strings
    Anyone have one or have tried one? Can't find one to try in stores yet, but I know some are out there and available for trial/purchase. Thanks for sharing your experience.

2. Lavrans

Lavrans

Jun 16, 2011
    Cambridge MA
    Is this club still open and active? If so, count me in!
    I just took up the bass after many years of guitaring. I am more comfortable with a short scale bass mostly because it's easier for a guitar player like me to adapt to.
    I had a DeArmond Starfire that I found on eBay; traded it for a 1998 Guild Starfire II.
    I'm on a Peavey MAX 126 practice amp, with a Zoom B2 multi fx pedal. (Love it!)
    I haven't had time to search through all the threads, but my question is this:
    I have been using D'Addario flats (.040/.065/.080/ .100) and am not happy with the string tension- too loose. Should I try a heavier set , such as a Rotosound .045 - .110?
    (oh- 70 years old,retired, hobbyist, but would love to jam; Cambridge MA)