1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender MIA DLX Jazz: Are 8250M Super Bass strings "stock"?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by JanusZarate, Sep 26, 2008.

1. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    I tried to figure it out, but I can't see a certain indication on the Fender website.

I bought the left-handed version of the American Deluxe Jazz brand-new from a local shop. Based on the feel, blackish silk ends and the fact that this Jazz has a string-through body, I'm assuming they're Fender 8250M Super Bass strings?

I haven't really made myself too familiar with roundcore strings or Fender strings, so this is a bit new to me. I just want to be sure I know what's currently on them, to have a sense of tonal direction should I opt to replace them.

I probably won't for a while, because the stock ones sound really good for fingerstyle. :)

2. If the E is taperwound, and is about .110, then the strings are the 8250. Last I checked they have powder blue silk windings, although they may have changed that. They are roundcore strings.

If they are not taperwound, then they are likely 7250 strings, which have black silk windings. I think they also hve hex cores, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Both sets can be used on thru body bridges. hope this helps.

3. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Cool. Thanks!

I'll take a look at them and report back.