1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender MIA Jazz 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by morebass!, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morebass!

morebass! I'm all ears Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    1997, Inca Silver alder body, rosewood fingerboard, Seymour Duncan Antiquity II pickups, stacked volume/tone controls and a series/parallel switch, all passive, about 9 lbs, non-original hardshell case. Neck is solid, tone is LARGE, especially with the series wiring engaged. The low end is truely unmatched among the many passive basses I've played. I don't have sound files of it but this bass with these pickups was used to record "Star Weekly" on the TalkBass CD. Since that recording the stacked tone controls and lightweight hipshot tuners were added. The color is no longer offered by Fender and it has a custom smoked black pickguard so it's got it's own look. A couple minor dings but nothing through the finish. It plays well, sounds great and looks cool. I'd hang on to it but I'm looking for something with a better slap sound. This bass does big old school tone so well that I hate to mess with it. The pickups can give lots of bite and crunch but are not "glassy" at all. I've enjoyed playing it but am playing more funk now now and need something a bit more refined.

I'll offer the Hipshot lightweight tuners and matching detuner as an option since I can use them on another bass. Price is $600 with the original tuners, and $700 with the lightweights and detuner. Reinstalling the original tuners completely conceals the small holes (one per tuner) that were added to secure the lightweights.

Trades I'd consider are 4-string jazz-style basses (prefer alder/rosewood, natural or sunburst). Plus or minus cash either way.

Attached Files:

2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Pm sent!

3. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    pm sent

4. morebass!

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    All PMs replied to. There've been several attractive trade offers so I've got some thinking to do:confused:

5. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    hi ,are you by any chance interested in a mm bongo? thanks carlos

6. morebass!

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    No thanks on the Bongo. Nice basses but not my thing. Thanks.

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Conklin for a trade??

8. morebass!

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    Looks like I've got a trade in the works but if that falls through I might be interested in the Conklin. What model do you have?

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    GT4, but I might be trading it for an Ibby BTB

10. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    how about an sr 1200 custom made ibanez neck thru exotic woods ,p/j active pickups? carlos:bassist:

11. wats with tha not matching necks? i got naught to trade, but just curious

12. morebass!

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    Nick - Not sure what you're asking about the neck. Can you try again?

I should mention that there is a trade in-progress. I shipped it yesterday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.