1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender MIA Jazz Deluxe Fretless (sf bay area)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by johnbee, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnbee

johnbee Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Super clean 1997 Fender American Jazz Deluxe fretless. Red trans, with black pickguard (plus original parchment pg too).

I bought this a year ago, and it was dead-mint; even had the plastic instruction sheet over the knobs, and the plastic on the pickguard and battery plate.

I recently had this professionally set up by sf guitarworks, including a full board dressing.

[DEL]I added some Lindy Fralin single-coils that I bought new from Mike Lull in Seattle. These are the same ones he puts in the V4 and M4V. I also have the stock John Suhr 4-pole noiseless pickups.[/DEL]

EDIT: After much consideration, I have decided to keep the Mike Lull, and sell this Fender. Both are great, but I like the Lull more, despite the lack of fretlines. I removed the Fralins and am selling them separately.

Selling for $750 with the original John Suhr pickups.

[DEL]Selling for $950 with the Fralins (plus the John Suhrs in a bag).[/DEL]

This is a great bass, sounds great, plays amazing, just 8.4 lbs according to my bathroom scale. I am primarily a fretted player and can't justify having two nice fretless basses. [DEL]So I am posting this and my Lull M4V fretless, and will sell one or the other (but not both). Here's the ad for the Lull:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/...ned-fretless-sf-bay-area-884279/#post12760243[/DEL]

Hoping for a local sale in the SF area. Thanks for reading.

Attached Files:

2. johnbee

Jul 15, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Lowering the price to $800 with the Surh pickups or $950 with the Fralins. This is the final drop. I don't need two fretless basses; but this is not a duress sale.

Did I mention that it plays and sounds awesome, and that it is super clean? :)

Attached Files:

3. funk7856

funk7856

Feb 22, 2012
    Atlanta
    great price. love my '97 american deluxe(fretted). only active bass in my stable...

GLWTS.

4. johnbee

Jul 15, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Both basses are nice, but I decided I like the Lull M4V more, even with no lines. So I'm keeping that one.

I took the fralins out and am selling them separately. I will post a separate ad for that.

New price for the bass: $750.

5. johnbee

Jul 15, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    SOLD locally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.