Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender MIA P-bass , what strings do they leave the factory with?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by DFTLownsYOU, Jun 26, 2005.

1. DFTLownsYOU

DFTLownsYOU

Dec 11, 2003
    Redlands CA.
    I recently picked up a MIA p-bass and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what type of strings Fender puts on the basses when they ship new from the factory? Usually I like a lighter gauge string but I'm liking whatever the factory set it up with. Anyways I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks.

2. DFTLownsYOU

DFTLownsYOU

Dec 11, 2003
    Redlands CA.
    Whaa?? No way! Get outta town, really?!? :rolleyes:

3. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    What color are the string windings? is the "E" string tapered?

4. Fender Super Bass, 8250s sounds right. I think they're 45-110, with a tapered E. Check out the Fender site (www.fender.com) and check out the product info, it should tell you which strings come stock on each bass.

5. The strings are Super Bass 8250M Nickel Plated Steels
    Gauges: .045, .065, .085, .110 Taperwound

For 5 string, SB 8250's
    .045, .065, .085, .110 TW, .130 TW

6. DFTLownsYOU

DFTLownsYOU

Dec 11, 2003
    Redlands CA.
    Yeah it's The Super Bass 8250M's. Thanks alot for the input. Anyone have any other string recommendations for a P-bass?

7. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001

D'addario Chromes, or TI Jazz Flats. :hyper:

8. I have used both D'Addario Chromes and Fender 9050's; both are great but I prefer the Chromes. Flatwound strings and P-Basses are a match made in heaven!

9. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001

Amen to that! :hyper:

10. rugrat

rugrat

Nov 12, 2003
    Northwest Illinois

I really like these strings. Enough that I have bought 2 sets to keep in my Bass case.