1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender MIA P Bass with Fender MIA Jazz Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by oldrocker, Sep 12, 2008.

1. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    I have a Fender MIA P Bass with a Fender MIA Jazz bass neck for sale.

The body is a mid 2000s MIA P Bass burst with a BWB pickguard. This is the model with the S1 switch.

The neck is a '97 MIA Fender Jazz bass neck - rosewood serial number N7xxxxxx

There are 2 issues to report, that are reflected in the price, that may make this a bit of a project bass.

#1 - there are some high frets so if you like low action you will get some get fret buzz starting at about the 14th fret.

#2 - after I put on a set on Labella Deep Talking Flats I noticed that the truss rod is maxed out. I didn't notice this before I put on the DTFs but I've only had this bass since October. The neck relief is fine and it doesn't need to be tightened now but it is maxed out. The truss rod is not broken because you can loosen and then re-tighten it.

This bass actually plays OK and is in good shape besides the issues listed. I just got a good deal on a new model Fender P here on TB so this one has to go.

Price $575 shiped to the lower 48 - paypal or USPS money order.

2. FunkyFrosty

FunkyFrosty

May 28, 2006
    Ontario
    pics???

3. Jared92

Jared92

Nov 1, 2007
    Fairfax VA
    interested in trades + cash?

4. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    I'm trying to post some pics - my kids took the memory card out of my camera so I have to find the usb cable :help:

As far as trades go - I don't think I need anything but run it by me, you never know ....

5. Jared92

Jared92

Nov 1, 2007
    Fairfax VA
    Black Jazz (M) 5 string, aged pickguard, control plate from a 62, American pots.

6. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    No thanks Jared.

7. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    This would make a great match for the Fender 60th Anniversary P-Bass neck I have for sale. ;)

Free bump.

8. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    OK, I found my memory card and figured out how to transfer the pics from the camera's internal memory to the memory card. It was not intuitive. Photography is apparently on the long list of things I do not do well, but this will give you an idea what it looks like:

PJBass-2.

PJBass-4.

PJBass-1.

PJBass-3.

9. Jared92

Jared92

Nov 1, 2007
    Fairfax VA
    Man I really wish i had the cash. Stingrays leave you poor...

10. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Save you pennys Jared, with my salesmanship skills this may be around for a while. ;)

11. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Bump with a pick of the back.

I also have a MIM P Bass special for sale here on TB. I currently own 3 P Basses. I would like to move either this or the MIM P bass and get down to only 2 P Basses.

My number #1 in an '08 Oly White MIA and I will be very happy with either of this or the MIM as my back up.

DSCN1153.

12. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY