1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale/Trade Fender MIA Precision Bass "Deluxe"

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BK bassist, Feb 11, 2019.

1. BK bassist

BK bassist "Apollo's Ghost" Gold Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for sale, my stock 1997 MIA Fender American Standard Deluxe Precision Bass in Transparent blue

Fender produced the "Deluxe" Precision bass with a stock humbucker in the bridge position between 1995-2009

The bass is really a powerhouse offering up a very wide variety of tones when blending the pups. The humbucker offers up a super punchy, bright Music Man tone which compliments the warm, fat tones of the P pup.

Every now and then you come across a bass that when set up *just right* allows for super low, super fast action along the entire neck without fret buzz or "clank" this bass is that one. She's extremely easy to play. If you're a heavy handed player, expect some killer growl.

She's in excellent condition and the super dark rosewood fingerboard is really stunning (IMO) - She weighs in 9.2 lbs on my bathroom scale.

I'm including a Hardshell Fender case and a brand new (never installed) additional black Fender Pickgaurd -

Buyer pays shipping / CONUS only

Ideally, I'd prefer an outright sale but I'm open to listening to trades, plus or minus cash from either side. Please make any trade offers via PM

Thanks for looking :thumbsup:

image (67). image (68). image (69). image (70).

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  2. Gordo350

Gordo350

Sep 20, 2018
    Is Australia considered part of conus? We are your allies .:)

3. BK bassist

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Bass brotherhood knows no borders :thumbsup:
    ..... If you’re interested in buying her, PM me brother.

4. Gordo350

Gordo350

Sep 20, 2018
    I would love to buy it but shipping will be a killer and the whole rosewood/cites thing is something you wont want to get involved in. :bawl:

5. BK bassist

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    thanks for the inquiry though ... Good luck in your search.

I’m super close to pulling this ad, keeping this baby and just refinishing her in a charcoal grey metallic finish. :thumbsup:

6. Gordo350

Gordo350

Sep 20, 2018
    I'd leave it the way it is. I like blue. I'm traveling to your state in September, might hit you up then see if it's still for sale:smug:

FunkHead and BK bassist like this.
  7. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Sweet Bass! Sweet Color! Keep it!:D You'll be glad you did some day. I am trying to get down from 6 to 3 basses but this would be one of the 3.......:bassist:

BK bassist likes this.
  8. BassIsFun17

BassIsFun17 Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Atlanta
    PM'd you