1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender mid-60's blackface Bassman head and matching cab (piggy back) - Mason City, IA

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by zagnut, Mar 31, 2009.

1. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    Not sure how much of a "Hot deal" this is, but since you don't see too many of these I figured I'd post it.

I stopped by Kepharts Music in Mason City Iowa today (had to get some felt picks). They have a an old Fender Bassman head (tube) and cab. I don't know my vintage stuff very well and I was in a hurry and didn't get too good a look at it. But here's what I can tell you.

The head appears to be a mid-60's blackface head. The tubes in the head look to be fairly new, they didn't look discolored. I know one of the tubes is a Ruby tube. The cab appears to be the matching 2x12 cab.

Tolex looks original. It's definitely been around. Didn't see any major cuts or tears, but the corners and edges are well worn. All knobs appeared to be in place as well.

I didn't have the time or the chance to play it, so I can't tell you what kind of shape the drivers are in.

Price was $1200 for the two combined. I didn't try to haggle on the price, I can't afford it. So I don't know what they would take. But I did ask if they would separate the two and they won't.
    If you want more info, the phone number is (641) 423-7785

Hope someone here can give it a good home.

2. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    Out of curiosity, anyone go to check this out or give it a good home?