1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender MIJ 62 Reissue P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by grumpy_dog666, Mar 31, 2009.

1. there are a 2 of these in the local store, and they look pretty neat. but how do they compare with say a MIM or a MIA?

they are old school, which i don't mind (1991 and 1993) and looked a bit 'aged', but haven't yet played on.

what do people think of the MIJ basses?

2. mattq

mattq

May 23, 2006
    Santa Cruz, CA
    i haven't played a bass made in japan that i didn't like or feel was well built

3. kenjikun

kenjikun

Apr 27, 2008
    Japan
    MIJ Fender has the quality of MIA at lower price. :bassist:

4. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I had one that was a great sounding bass. All MIJ/CIJs I've played were at least well built, and usually pretty solid sounding.

5. a step up from MIM?

6. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I own 2 CIJ 62 Reissues (Jazz & Precision)

I can tell you the 90's Japanese Fenders are amazing basses. Solid construction. Mine are also very lightweight (my P bass is under 8 lbs)

Certainly comparable to the US Fender basses I've ever played. I have Lindy Fralin PU's in my Jazz which sound amazing and will soon by replacing the PU's in my P bass too with Fralins.

Do yourself a favor and pick up a solid playing bass for a great price before people start to catch on :bag:

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Giant leap from MIM

8. are they on a par with a highway MIA?