1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Fender MIJ Jazz pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by lala, Jan 23, 2021.

1. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Price:
    United States
    Hi,
    These are from my 2000 Fender Japan "62" re-issue, model JB62-58. Great basses, and these pickups are very fine sounding pickups with straight-ahead vintage JB tone.
    I was going to use them for a new JB build I'm starting now, but as I have finalized the color I will be painting the new body, I've decided that I really want cream colored knobs and pickups. The covers on these pickups are not removable because of the epoxy, so I'm looking for a trade that will bring me cream colored pickups. Can be just about any brand. Just no junk. THX MIJ pickups.JPG

2. 6tzguy

6tzguy 6tzguy Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Orange County, Ca.
    I put a pair of the these in a Jazz bass I flipped. I almost didn’t sell the bass to the guy it sounded better than all my 5 other basses! Something was magic about them. And I have owned a real pre- cbs 1964 Jazz bass and I think these pups sounded better, imho. Good luck with your trade. Keep em’!

3. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    They DO sound really good. I was disappointed that I can't remove and replace the covers.

4. Timmah

Timmah Supporting Member

May 19, 2011
    Connecticut
    Trade only?

5. Timmah

Timmah Supporting Member

May 19, 2011
    Connecticut
    Trade only?

6. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Hi,
    I was hoping for some cream colored pickups in trade, but nobody has stepped up!
    What' on your mind?

7. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    What's

8. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Hi. Open to a sale now if interested.
    R

9. I used to work at a bike shop long ago and a silver anodized bike part could be made black easily with a black magic marker. Paint might be a possibility too. I would understand though if that idea turns people off.

10. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    this is plastic, and paint wouldn't reliably stick to the plastic.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021