1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender MIJ JB62M 32" Medium Scale Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by superblues, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMG_2338.

[DEL]$600[/DEL] $550 Shipped, Paypal or Money Order, Continental US only.
    No trades, please. All trade requests will be politely declined.

This is a 32" Medium scale MIJ Fender Jazz Bass. These basses aren't available to US dealers. I had to have it shipped from Japan. Fender Japan's reptuation for quality is as good or better than American Standards.

The bass is a slightly downsized version of a '62 Jazz bass, with a 32" medium scale neck. See the picture below for a size comparison with a Am Std P bass. I bought this bass new from Ishibashi and had it brought into the US in 2009. After import duties, shipping, and currency exchange, I paid upwards of $1100. I'm the original owner and the bass hasn't left my house since I bought it in the Summer of 2009. It has been played less than a dozen times. I just don't get along with 32" as much as I'd expected.

Bass is in excellent condition, with no dings and negligible player wear. There is some minor clear coat swirling, particularly near the E string side of the bridge pickup

In the interest of full disclosure, there two thin, 3/4" long scratches in the clear coat at the edge of the pickguard near the E string side of the neck pickup. The scratches were the result of a minor accident with a metal watch band. I could not get the scratches to show in photographs.

Includes the original gig bag, which is pretty basic. I will pack it well for shipping.

Downsized, Alder body
    32" Maple neck
    Rosewood fretboard
    1.5" nut
    Average "C" profile neck
    Stock, single coil pickups
    All original hardware
    Includes original gig bag
    8 pounds 9 ounces

Here is the official Fender Japan JB62M webpage.

Here is the JB62M next to an AM Std P bass (the P bass is not for sale).

IMG_0864.

IMG_2334.

IMG_2332.

IMG_2326.

IMG_2333.

IMG_2342.

2. screaminglucy

screaminglucy

Jul 20, 2009
    TX, USA
    very cool

3. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    Nice, but no new basses for me until after Christmas.

4. PM sent.

5. PMs responded.

6. Price drop bump.

$550 Shipped!

7. reddog

reddog Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    hi.... gotta run to teach 2nd graders. very interested... pls consider it sold until i can contact you later this morn. thx

8. reddog

reddog Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    8 mins til show time here... want to pm you but havent figured that out yet.

"ME WANT BASS. " (Tarzan always got his point across)

9. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    Hey reddog, click on superjesus' name and a drop down menu will appear. Then click on 'View Public Profile'. Scroll down and contact info will be on the right. There you will have the option to send a PM or an e-mail.

10. reddog

reddog Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    thx

11. reddog

reddog Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    the app might work a bit differently. i think i got through. thx

12. Sold.

Thread Status: