1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

SOLD Fender MIJ Marcus Miller W/John East Marcus Retro

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FronTowardEnemy, Apr 19, 2018.

1. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    Price:
    $1049
    Strings:
    For Sale is a Fender MIJ Signature Marcus Miller Jazz Bass

I traded for this bass back in 2009/2010, it is a B serial number and I know it was relatively new when I received it, I believe it to be a 2008 model but I cannot confirm this.

It was my main player for 5 years and seen 100% of gigs during that time. That being said it has natural honest player wear, has typical pick guard swirling and a few dings (bottom bout by output jack and 12th fret back of neck) that I have tried to photographed. Nothing major at all.

It will be sold as I have it, set up to rock out and gig! This includes a full body cavity shielding along with the pickup covers shielded as well, a John East Marcus Retro pre amp (with all black knobs), Fender US 1975 RI Jazz Bass pickups, Hipshot Bass Xtender, Schaller strap locks (Buttons and locks), neck pick up cover and a Fender hard shell case.

This bass has really low action and a great setup, sound is versatile and sweet, no noise interference at all, neck is fast, truss rod works as it should, feels great, is light and balances well.

Weighs 8.6 lbs on my bathroom scale. (It is light for a Marcus)

I don’t need to sell this bass; it really is too good for me to have. It needs to go to someone who can appreciate all its glory. Right now I play a Classic 50s Lacquer and Road Worn, so Jazz necks don’t do it for me anymore. (I’ve played them for 20 years) So it sits. This bass deserves better and needs to be played!

I feel with the mods done ($450 in electronics alone) that the price is fair. Believe me; I feel it is worth more.

$1049 Shipped with hard shell case

$999 Shipped in Fender Gig Bag IMG_4662.JPG IMG_4663.JPG IMG_2203.JPG IMG_4664.JPG IMG_4665.JPG IMG_4667.JPG IMG_4668.JPG IMG_4669.JPG IMG_4670.JPG IMG_4671.JPG IMG_4672.JPG
    IMG_2200.JPG

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    Jason T likes this.
  2. FronTowardEnemy

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    On hold, pending payment.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  3. FronTowardEnemy

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    This ones sold!
    Thanks!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 21, 2021