Fender MIM '50s P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lonote, Oct 8, 2005.

1. This bass has piqued my curiosity but I haven't had the chance to play one or even seen one in stores yet. I'm wondering if anybody has played one? I'm specifically wondering about the neck profile feels like...does it feel like the US '57 reissue? I see that it is 1.75" wide at the nut, which is what I'm looking for, but is it thicker or thinner than the '57 or the same?
  2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I just got one this week. I'm very happy with it! I haven't found a physical flaw in it. I gigged with it last night, and it has THE Classic P-Bass tone!

The neck is very similar to the 57 RI. The neck on my Classic '50s might be a little thicker than the neck on a 57 RI that I played recently (It might just be the difference between any two same model basses. I didn't play them side by side), and if it is thicker, it's not by much. I actually liked the 57 RI better, but IMO, the Classic '50s is really close, and half the price!
  3. That's exactly what I was hoping to hear!
  4. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Innovations Music - Retailer
    i guess those aren't going to be available left handed. no of course not. grumble grumble :scowl: