1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Fender MIM Active Jazz V Okoume - 8lbs. 5oz - Lightweight!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TideSwing, Dec 24, 2018.

1. TideSwing

TideSwing Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2014
    NV
    Price:
    Strings:
    Awesome Fender Active Jazz V Okoume modded and lightweight at only 8lbs. 5oz.! It's the lightest Fender Jazz V I've ever encountered and the balance is good due to the Hipshot Ultralights. This bass is like a poor man's Victor Bailey with the gold hardware and unique reddish brown natural color.

Mods:
    Dimarzio Jazz pickups - believe they are Ultra Jazzes but not 100%
    Fender Deluxe V bridge
    Hipshot Licensed Ultralights
    Gold hardware
    Custom brass pickup rings made by Dave at Frets on the Net

Bass is in excellent shape, perfectly functioning truss rod, hardware and electronics. Very natural sounding preamp. The Clover Hipshots are spaced closely and can touch with the 5 inline headstock but never had an issue tuning up and I think they look much better than Y-keys on Fender headstocks.

Neck is clean and feels a tad slimmer than the Precision V US and Squier VM5s that I've owned. One finish blem near the bridge but otherwise clean body. String spacing is standard Fender 5-string a tad over 18mm.

I'm reluctant to sell (admittedly kept pulling this ad) as it's hard to find a Fender Jazz V at this weight and price point however I'm funding something non-bass related and have no gigs at this time that necessitate a 5-string. That said, please no trade offers, will listen to reasonable cash offers. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  2. What is the string spacing?

3. TideSwing

Oct 31, 2014
    NV
    Any offers? Great lightweight 5-string Jazz workhorse here.

4. TideSwing

Oct 31, 2014
    NV
    Where are all the Jazz V weight weenies? C'mon this one is light enough!

5. fruitlabor

fruitlabor Gold Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Any sound clips.
    What electronics are in it

6. TideSwing

Oct 31, 2014
    NV
    Stock 3-band preamp with the Dimarzio pickups. I can pm you a FB video if it works.

fruitlabor likes this.