Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender MIM Classic series - what to expect?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mikkejohansson, Jan 11, 2006.

1. It seems Fender is getting fond off their MIM Classic series, Tele DeLuxe, Tele Custom, 51 P-bass, 50's P-bass and so on...

So the question comes to mind; what to expect, or wish for, in the future? Maybe something coming up at NAMM now?

I myself would love a nice 60's P-bass, 3t sb/tort pg/rw fb....oooh

But what do YOU think? 70's J? Bass VI? 70's tele bass?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Fender already offers a '70's J. I doubt they would put out a cheaper version.

Bass VI, likely not. I don't see it selling enough to be anything less than a CS instrument.

'70's Tele bass would be nice, but it wasn't a hit when it was original, nor do I think it would be now.

Unfortunately the Jazz and the Precision didn't change anywhere near as much as the Strats and Teles did in the past 30 or 40 years.

3. I guess you're right but still, they already have the 57 RI but still put out the MIN 50's P-bass which is pretty much the same bass (well...you know what I mean). Anyhow, would be fun with a couple of additions to the lineup :)

4. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I just got my Classic 60s Jazz and I love the thing.

5. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I have a '50s P-Bass that I really like (but I'm selling-GAS for other basses). It might be the best P-Bass for the money out there.

I would like to see a Fender Classic '60s P-Bass - Jamerson Funk Machine!