1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender MIM fretless J-Bass with Villex pups and J-Retro

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TheBrad, Oct 31, 2006.

1. TheBrad

TheBrad Baby step bassist - 90% n00b

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    Alright let me start off by saying that this bass is currently disassembled, pups and control plate are out. So the sale is as-is and would require some soldering on your part once delivered.

I bought this arctic white J-bass during the spring of 06 because I was facinated with the idea of fretless and tonal possibilites, etc. While it is a good bass and fun to play, my fretless honeymoon is over and I need to part ways with all my gear so I am trying to sell what I can. I sold the original pups on ebay to fund the way for the Villex, I still have the original control plate and will be including that. This bass is cosmetically mint and plays well, the only issue I have had is the fretline between 11/12 lifts up from time to time. I am sure this could be fixed easily, I never got around to messing with it because I was planning on having the neck epoxied- but that never happeened.
    The pups and bass were purchased new, the preamp was bought used off of ebay in spring. I hooked it up to the bass with the stock pickups messed up hardwiring it shipped it to Gil Escalera the US rep for J-Retro and he fixed it and updated the chips to be current with the models sold in stores now, it was made in 2000. Will ship with TKL hardshell case.

Asking $450 shipped, the way I see it it's a fair deal 150 for the pre, 150 for the pups $100 for the body and $50 for shipping (lower 48). If you don't agree, hit me up maybe we can work out a better deal. I mean for $20 bucks over the store price of this bass think of all the upgrades you are getting. :p

IMG_1219.gif
    IMG_1220.gif
    IMG_1184.gif
    IMG_1185.gif
    IMG_1187.gif
    IMG_1189.gif
    IMG_1217.gif

2. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Whoa, Bump for a great deal!!

3. Mr. Pickle

Mr. Pickle

Aug 20, 2005
    i am awesome

4. pm sent

5. TheBrad

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    Anyone?

6. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    WHY is this not sold yet?! If I had the money, this would have already been gone!

7. pm sent!

8. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    consider trades?

9. TheBrad

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    No. I am sorry, I cannot accommodate any trades as I need money to pay medical bills.

Thank you for your interest though, it is appreciated.

10. TheBrad

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    Currently on hold and considered sold.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 18, 2021