1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender MIM Jazz Bass $275 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by redbeard1206, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finally getting around to selling this. First and foremost, I should say that the bass has some small issues and you will probably want to put a little work into it. on the other hand, the bass is fully playable and in pretty decent shape. Anyway here we go.
    Selling my MIM Jazz Bass. Metallic blue, tortoise shell pickguard, rosewood board. As I mentioned it has some issues which are the following:
    - Nicks and dings on the body, neck, and headstock. They are what I would consider minor, but I understand some people are picky. This was my main bass for about 6 years so it's been around the block, it's been played.
    - Missing neck volume knob cover. The "knob" is still there and allows you to adjust volume, but the stock black plastic knob cover is missing.
    - Neck pickup cover was a last minute quick replacement. You can tell from the picture that the pickup cover is flush with the pickguard. That's because the pickup cover is actually for a bridge pickup, but I needed it on for a show and didn't have a replacement neck pickup cover. It's a little wider than the neck pickup cover slot in the pickguard, and the holes for the pickup in the top were too wide, so I had to do some quick and dirty modification to the pickup cover to make it work. It doesn't look great, but it works for what I needed it to. This pickup cover is probably what you'll want to replace firsthand, I just never got around to it.

Pictures of the bass can be seen here:
    www.photobucket.com/redbeard_fjb

I'd like to get $275 shipped in a Fender deluxe gigbag. CONUS only.

PRICE DROP TO $225 SHIPPED

2. bassguyky48

bassguyky48 Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Central KY./Danville
    How much does your bass weigh?

3. Bump. Will check the weight. I would guess around 9 pounds

4. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    Wow, bump for a good deal.
    I've always loved that color with tort.

DSC03902.

5. Bump

6. Bump. Nothing on this? Is it the price? Condition? Don't be afraid to shoot me an offer.

7. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    this is a decent deal.
    i would guess people, like me, are short on cash recovering from the holidays.
    i bet this would sell quick in another couple weeks when tax returns come back.
    im having a hard time selling right now too.
    GLWTS!

Gordo

8. Cal2009

Cal2009

Jul 10, 2009
    If you'd consider shipping north of the border I might be interested!

9. Price drop bump

10. matti777

matti777

Dec 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Canada
    pm sent

11. PMs replied. Still here bump

12. amstudio

amstudio

Jul 3, 2010
    Medley, Fl
    pm sent