1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender MIM jazz bass deluxe 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jjk2007, Apr 3, 2015.

1. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Endorsing Artist: DNA
    Hey TB. I have a line on a new 2014 model in CAR for a great price and am looking for some opinions on these newer models. On paper, (and because it's a jazz bass) it should work well for my cover band but I want to know about things like the fit and finish, electronics, playability etc. If I can find one here in the Austin area to play I will but I have to make the move at the start of next week so any input on this bass is welcome.

2. friendlybass

friendlybass

Jul 19, 2012
    Colorado
    I have a 2012 one and it is spectacular. Fit and finish is flawless, the neck is the most comfortable 5er neck ive felt to date, the preamp rocks, the pickups rock, and its got lots of super usable settings

gabrielvv7 likes this.
  3. jjk2007

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks friendly.

4. jjk2007

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Share your opinion bump!

5. jjk2007

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I went ahead and placed the order for this bass. If anybody else wants to chime in I'm still game.