Fender MIM Jazz Fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scooby D, Oct 17, 2000.

1. Scooby D

Scooby D

Oct 3, 2000
    Hi, Scooby here! Hey, I was in a local music store last weekend and I tried out a Jazz Fretless. I thought it was a really good playing and sounding bass. The sales guy was really gettin' all worked up about how great it was. I thought I was gonna have to throw some water on him! I'm curious if any of you Talk Bassers have experience with this bass. See ya, Scooby!!
  2. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    I've tried a couple of fretless MIMs and just was not impressed with them. However, I do have a Hohner fretless Jazz bass...and it blows the Fenders away. Everyone who hears this bass is surprised AND impressed. It has to be one of the best kept secrets on the market.
    Another fretless bass that I would highly recommend at that price level...is the Dean Edge. It really has a nice tone.
  3. gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I walked into a music store one year ago (Sam Ash), picked one off the wall, drove to a commercial recording gig and recorded with it for a few weeks...it's an outstanding bass. I still have it, still use it, and it's all still stock except that it now has roundwounds instead of the flats.

I love it...one of the best bass bargains available.