Fender MIM Jazz5 with bart ups VS. Carvin B4/B5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by J4KO, Feb 6, 2005.

1. as the title says

wat would you guys prefer... fender mim j5 with bart pickups or a carvin b4 or a b5

pros.. and cons would be highly apreciatted thanks
  2. alembicfive

Jan 17, 2003
    No contest....The Carvin. The Fender MIM is not even in the same league as the Carvin. The MIM Fenders can't match the quality and workmanship of the Carvin and I love the active electronics on the them (I own two, a B5 and a B5F Fretless). IMHO, all the MIM 5's I played just felt cheap. The Carvins have a real solid, well made feel. The American made Fenders, well that is another story. I played some very nice Jazz 5's that were nothing like their MIM counter parts.

Plus I think the Carvins look nicer!! (here are mine.....)
  3. hahahhaahha thanks for your reply alembic but then again... I was talking about fender mim's with barts :pPP

p.s. very nice carvins... if i do end up getting a carvin, I might pick up a b4 kit
  4. Carvin gets my vote too. The quality is consistently good, unlike what I've heard about Mexican Fenders. I've got the 5 string kit.

Beautiful basses Alembicfive! They look good together.
  5. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    honestly, although it is possible you would like the tone of the MIM better, itis not even in the same league as far as construction/playability/comfort/quality goes. NO CONTEST! and Carvins DO have decent tones.