Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender MIM P-Bass - $150

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by fivestarharbor, Jul 7, 2002.

1. fivestarharbor

fivestarharbor

Jun 6, 2002
    I have a used Fender MIM P-Bass Standard up for sale. Black w/ white or gold pickguard, rosewood fretboard. It has a bit more than normal wear. (Quite a few dings, none of which are MAJOR). Gigged rather frequently, but still in PERFECT playing condition. There are two cosmetic flaws worth mentioning other than your regular dings. First, the "G" tuning key is bent, but still works just fine. Also, the screw in the strap button on the bottom of the bass stripped, so I had to drill a new hole right under it. This is an excellent bass for starters and is priced much lower than "starter" basses that will last about 2 hours (like Squiers). Don't feel like paying $150 for it? I'm willing to trade for things like Seymour Duncan Tele pickups, locking tuners, etc. Make an offer. I'm giving up bass cuz I REALLY suck, so I'm cleaning out the closet.

2. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    is there any thing else you need?

3. fivestarharbor

fivestarharbor

Jun 6, 2002
    if you have any guitar related stuff, i may be able to use it. just make an offer and maybe we can work something out.

4. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    I am VERY interested, do you have any pics?

5. quitting? giving up on bass?

6. fivestarharbor

fivestarharbor

Jun 6, 2002
    i don't have pics of it right now, but i can get some in the next day or so. and yes, i AM giving up bass. i have smaller hands much better suited for guitar, so bass playing has always been too much of a hassle for me. the only reason i ever kept it up was because that's what i did in the band i was in but now i've quit the band so i can give up bass.

7. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    my dad has some tele parts.
    want a vintage pup from a relic fender?
    pickgaurd?

steve