Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender MIM P-Bass Natural Ash! Lim Ed.

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by kazuhank, Nov 19, 2004.

1. kazuhank

kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    I have a 2003 (though I bought it new this summer) Fender MIM P-Bass in natural ash which was a limited edition run for Guitar Center. GC sold these new for $449.00 and I upgraded the pickup to a handwound Alnico V pickup and the tuners to black Schallers (I can include the original parts if you want). The ash is light and the bass was purchased for some summer tours and now it's time to thin the herd. I'm hoping for $375. NO TRADES as I need the cash.

Here are some pictures:

[​IMG]
    (I really need to re-paint the trim :eek: )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kjr

kjr

Jan 25, 2003
    Michigan
    Do you have any sound clips of it? I'm unfamiliar with those pickups and would like to hear how they sound. Thanks

3. kazuhank

kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    I actually don't have any clips. Alnico V refers to the magnet type and is what Fender used in most of their vintage instruments. I purchased them from a guy on Ebay that handwinds guitar and bass pickups. They sound like the pickups that Fender uses in the '62 P-Bass Reissue.

I hope that this helps.

4. kazuhank

kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    I have it set up at medium-to-medium high (as I see it). I turned the saddles up 1/4 turn or so when I first set it up. I haven't noticed any buzzing, but I'll give it a discerning listen and let you know what I find.

I will weigh the bass when I get home and post the weight, but in practical terms it feels light to me, especially for ash. I'll post the actual number.

5. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I have a bass just like this. Great looking and playing. The neck is unbelievable and the pickup is on par with a MIA P-bass pickup.

6. rand0m32

rand0m32

Sep 19, 2003
  7. kazuhank

kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Here are the pictures finally! (see first post)

8. Bass Tranquil

Bass Tranquil

Nov 16, 2003
    Does the 375 include shipping?

9. kazuhank

kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    No, PM or email me and I can get an exact shipping quote. Thanks.

10. kazuhank

kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Back 'atcha turser.