1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender MIM Precision - 1996

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bass Man Dan, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Bass Man Dan

Bass Man Dan Endorsing Artist: Ned Flanders' Bass-a-Reeno Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2017
    Cincinnati
    Price:
    $375
    Strings:
    Cream colored 1996 Fender Precision, made in Mexico. This bass is in overall good condition, with one bad quarter-sized ding with paint missing on the rear as shown. Other than that, it has a few light scratches, mainly on the rear, and a couple of minor dings. The front is pretty darned clean overall. The neck has one tiny ding near the fourth fret, it would not show in photographs and is only noticeable if you are looking for it.
    The neck has some (in my opinion) very attractive quilt pattern to it right along the top nearest to the fretboard which runs the entire length of the fretboard and even onto the bottom of the headstock.
    The best part of this bass (again, my opinion only) is the sound of the stock pickups. They are clear and loud. I am pretty picky about my p bass sound, I have changed out pick ups on a 2015 American Standard and others due to not having enough volume and tone. These are pickups that, to my ear, are fantastic just as they are.
    I have the stock white plastic knobs and will gladly swap them back on if a buyer so chooses. Aside from the knobs, to my knowledge, everything else on this bass is original.
    I do not have a scale. That said, this bass seems lighter to me than my MIM Geddy Lee jazz. I'm betting it's between 8-8.5 pounds.
    $375 shipped in the US.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  2. redwingxix

redwingxix

Oct 21, 2015
    detroit
    any pics of the front of it?