Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender MIM Stock PU or Seymour Duncan quarter pounders?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BHuntsalot, Dec 12, 2004.

1. BHuntsalot

BHuntsalot

Nov 3, 2004
    I have a MIM Fender Jazz with the stock Pickups in it. I ordered Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder Jazz Pickups to change out the stock ones in both the bridge and neck positions. Is the SD quarter pounders an upgrade from who ever makes the stock MIM Jazz pickups? Would the SD's have a good low end? Also what would be the characteristics of the SD quarter pounder tone wise? Thank you for your help.
    Huntsalot

2. Gord

Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    Along the same lines but not completally helpful, I replaced my MIM Precision pickups with SD 1/4 pounders, and honestly I'm never owning another fender without SD pickups. It goes way deeper, sings way higher, and just sounds so angry. Harmony Central has some great reviews of seymour duncan pickups, but the problem with that is usually everyone just says they're perfect, so hopefully people can give some negative views, since I have not heard a bad thing about sd yet :D

3. gojirin

gojirin

Oct 11, 2004
    Denver,CO
    You are going to have better lows and better highs. Anyway you want to qualify better, they will be better. I have replaced the stock MIM pu's in 2 P-basses. It's night and day.
    The stock ones are just not very good.