1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender MIM value?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vivaknoxvegas, Aug 23, 2007.

1. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    I have a 92 mexi-jazz that I have modded (Hipshot tuners and bridge, Dimarzio model-j pickups). It's been my backup for a while and I really don't need a backup. Also, I am currently in love with my p-bass :bassist:

So I am thinking about selling it, either on here or on Ebay. I know the mods don't necessarily increase the bass' value. What's a fair price to ask for this bass?

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    250-300 range if you sell it on the forums. You will only get about 175 trade anywhere. I know becasue I tried. I have a MIM Jazz with basslines and a BA II and a Pearloid pickguard.

3. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Do a search on eBay for '92 MIMs and you'll get an idea what the market for them is like now.

4. You should keep it. I too have a modded MIM, and they're certainly worth way more than you'll ever get in a trade or selling them outright.

5. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    I know but right now I need the money for something else. It's doing me no good and it's time to move it. I'll regret it sometime down the road for sure. :D