Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fender ml 7250

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by panazza, Dec 19, 2003.

1. panazza

panazza

Nov 23, 2003
    italy
    my new MiM jazz bass had Fender 7250 ml strings on.... I found those strings pretty good... after a couple of days of playing

what do you think about these strings?
    should I use them as long as they last or will my bass sound so much better with another set of strings????

2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I like this particular brand of string and the 7250's in particular. It doesn't hurt to try different strings. If they are doing it for you, why change.

Dan

3. I love Fender bass strings. I'm partial to the 7150s but the 7250s are great also. I love the tension (light to me) and feel. Not to mention they're usually about $16.

Store people are always trying to steer me into other "better" brands but to me the Fenders are exactly what I prefer.

4. malibu

malibu Guest

Dec 26, 2001
    the 7250 ML strings came on a new p-bass shipped direct from Corona,CA --
    and while I was waiting the plan was to change strings as soon as it arrived
    but instead it is my mind that changed --
    I am gonna use/abuse these strings untill they die and I am now ordering the 7250-5ML to try the matching B-string for tuning BEAD -
    they sound great !

Is it something with the right interaction of magnetics or gauge or tension for matching to their pickups or what ?