1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender MM-V Neck on an Am Dlx P-Bass V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Keeaumoku, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    I don't know if this is the proper forum, so if it gets moved... hey, I'm cool with it...

I've got this hair-brained idea, and I'm looking for thoughts and/or advice. Several months ago I posted a thread regarding a Fender Marcus Miller-V that I had purchased, played, and most regrettably, returned. I am one who wasn't happy with the tone from this very beautiful axe...

...fast-forward to today. I recently received a Fender American Deluxe P-Bass V. I've played it already at a couple of gigs over the weekend, and I am very happy with this bass' tone!

Now for my crazy idea... Besides the appealing beauty of the MM-V, I loved the way it played... particularly the feel of the neck. I believe this is a 'special-made' neck for the Marcus Millers, and it also has those block-pearl inlays, which I find to be both classy and beautiful. So, I'm thinking about the possibility of transplanting a MM-5 neck onto my P-Bass V body...

...anyone out there know if this can actually be done without any problem? If so, any suggestions as to where a MM-5 neck can be found? I already checked 'WD Music Products' website. They have Fender bass necks, but I didn't see any MM-5s available. Maybe a phone call might work, but I'm hoping a TBer out there might already know where one can be found... ;)

So... any thoughts and/or advice would be greatly appreciated!