1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender modern player dimension bass pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by UpbeatAntonio, Sep 12, 2016.

1. UpbeatAntonio

UpbeatAntonio

Sep 12, 2016
    so i got myself a fender modern player dimension bass guitar that has a fender triplebucker pickup, I am just curious is there any pickups i can replace it with to get more of a pop out of my pickups?

2. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    The reason i give up with MP Dimension is the Triplebucker pickup, so far , seem like no direct replacement pup yet.

3. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Not sure but why would you want to replace the pickup. They key functional and tonal element of that bass is the pickup and the switching variations it affords you.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  4. UpbeatAntonio

UpbeatAntonio

Sep 12, 2016
    i was just curious if i could replace the triplebucker with a pickup that would more so suit the sound im looking for, like if i wanted to replace it with an EMG-35CS active pickup could i do it? if you dont think its a great idea ill take your judgement

5. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    I guess it depends on if you like the multitude of sounds that are available from the coil switching. I personally find that to be the key feature of the base. But if that doesn't appeal to you and you were more interested in the feel of the instrument, then it would certainly be appropriate to change the pick up to your taste. Good luck!

6. Linnin

Linnin SUSPENDED

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Please don't be so ridiculously ludicrous! That is the very reason to buy that bass - to get the very rare triplebucker pickup. It's unavailable anywhere else. Changing that out would be like pulling all the Danelectro lipstick tube pickups out of a Fender Rascal.
    Preposterous!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    BillMason likes this.
  7. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    While I personally agree, in fairness to the OP different people end up with different basses for different reasons. If I hated the electronics in mine I might just keep it for the neck, which feels pretty great in my hands.

8. Linnin

Linnin SUSPENDED

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    That's why you just go ahead and trade basses to simply get a different bass. Especially if you are poor and can only have one bass.

rogerbmiller likes this.
  9. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    I am not disagreeing with but some like to tinker and mod. I like to trade too but that's me.

10. hafizimran

hafizimran

Dec 7, 2014
    Any developments about replacement pickups for the Modern Player Dimension Bass thus far? I think what's fabulous about this bass, especially for beginners, is the comfortable neck. It really encourages practice in the early part of development. I'm just wondering if there are replacements to tinker with. Itchy fingers.

11. mrb327

mrb327

Mar 6, 2013
    Colorado
    Nobody Knows
    Most things can be rewired, or would need to be.

Anyone have measurements on that pickup? Finding something of the same size would keep the cavity from needing munched up to fit