1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Modern player Jaguar needs a new neck

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by littleleaguedad, Dec 27, 2017.

1. My question is, will a neck from a newer Fender Standard Jaguar fit on my Modern Player Jaguar? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Back Story:
    I Bought a Fender Modern player Jaguar in 2012 new. It has never played very well. The only way to not have(insane) string buzz was to raise the action, to the moon(.250+). Its been at the doctors three times. After the first visit, my luthier said the neck is a P.O.S. and has a visible twist. So it has sat in a bassbag in the closet. I'm finally ready to deal with it

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Take it to an Authorized repair center. The neck can be replaced under warranty. Thus what neck fits is immaterial, it's their problem. I'd refer you to an authorized repair facility, but since you choose not to share your location information, I can't do that.
    But to answer you question, yes it should.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  3. Sorry, never got around to updating my profile and then forgot about it. I'm from Northern Central Ca. The other thing is I like the rosewood finger board. Maybe I'll have the service center fix it and get rid of it.

4. sissy kathy

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    • Guitar Center Modesto #228
      3440 McHenry Ave
      Modesto, CA 95350
      Ph: (209) 525-9800

5. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    How long does a Fender warranty cover a neck replacement? Five years seems like a long time to wait.

6. sissy kathy

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Necks (not the frets) and bodies are covered for the life of the instrument (not the finish either.) Essentially the wood and the truss rod, for the original purchaser.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017