1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Modern Player Short Scale Jazz.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LT131, Apr 18, 2019.

1. LT131

LT131

Jan 25, 2015
    Deep South
    What is the skinny? I have never heard of such. Are they real? Are they good? Are they cool? Do they inspire gas among the masses?

2. LT131

LT131

Jan 25, 2015
    Deep South
    C'mon guys. Someone has to have info on these.

3. zenpeace69

zenpeace69

Jun 22, 2018
    Made in China, rare as hen's teeth, and overpriced when they do appear. It's a Classic Vibe quality instrument, with unique specs.

I watched one a couple years ago sit on Ebay forever with a pricetag of around $600. I don't believe it sold, but it may have.

The specs are neat for someone who likes shortscales, but I don't think I would pay more than $400 for one. Like I said, it's a Classic Vibe quality instrument.

4. mbell75

mbell75

May 23, 2016
  5. blue4

blue4

Feb 3, 2013
    St. Louis area
    I've played one before. To be honest I like my SX jazz shortie better. They are very overpriced when they do come up for sale online. If you're interested in a jazz bass SS, look at the Chowny SWB-1. About the same price as what they want for a used SS Fender, and its IMO much better.

6. zenpeace69

zenpeace69

Jun 22, 2018
    These are really fine instruments, but they are small. The body on the Modern Player is full size, which makes it more desireable, but those Japanese shorties are really nice quality.

7. LT131

LT131

Jan 25, 2015
    Deep South
    Thanks all. I notice these are P/J configuration. Are the pickups good? I am intrigued but will have to drive about 90 miles to view.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021