Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Molded Case

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BASSnSAX, Nov 3, 2001.

1. Anyone have any pics of the inside of a Fender Molded case for bass (what else?)?

2. Not sure why you want pics,the inside of the molded cases are pretty boring to look at :p
    Go to www.fender.com and they may have some pics of differant cases?

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Well, I have Fender molded case, and the inside is black, and is fitted for a Jazz Bass. If you got one that was molded for a P-Bass, I'm sure a P would fit in snug as a bug. Unless you have the bass that it was molded for, I doubt anything else would fit. There is a small compartment that you could fit a tuner and a strap in.

4. I am pretty sure that the molded case will fit a P or a Jazz. The one that I got with my P is shaped like a jazz, but the P fits in it. It doesn't hold my Jazz V though:( .

jtbp

5. NukeBass

NukeBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Cornelius, NC
    The molded cases are molded to a particular body shape. I wish they were universal to fender basses, but I guess that would be an engineering masterpiece to fit the different styles of bodies. When I got my P bass case, the store had a P bass deluxe (I think) case on sale for 60 dollars, but my standard P wouldn't fit in it.

6. It has been my experience that the "Standard" Fender molded bass cases will fit any Jazz or Precision bass, standard or deluxe, 4 or 5 string (I've owned them all and they fit quite nicely).

However, the bigger rectangular Tolex/Tweed cases are a little more particular. You can put a P in a J case and it will be a little loose. You can't put a J in a P case.

Fender used to make a "Deluxe" molded case that only fits the deluxe models, J or P.

7. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i have a MIA p bass. with molded case. i like a lot this case because is light and more protective than a gigbag. but in my molded case there is not enough room for a jazz bass. it's routed for the precision only...

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I have a molded case for my Geddy Lee Jazz, and P basses will fit in it too. I have tried it. The Jazz was a bit of a tight fit at first, but it fits like a glove now.

9. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    My American Deluxe P came with a molded case that was specifically designed for it, and my jazz won't fit in there. Make sure you check your bass in the case you're looking at.