1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender MP Jaguar Bass - P/J w/ Audere Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by theschnitt, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theschnitt

theschnitt

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Impressive quality and features from the Modern Player line of Fender. This bass has a familiar Jazz neck (1.5" at the nut, "C" shape), killer style with the Jag body and blocked maple 'board, and sounds great with the stock P/J pickups and a new Audere Pro JZ3 (V, M/B, T/B). Original control plate with knobs and pots will be included. Pickguard is also an upgrade from the stock white. No issues at all, light player wear and one mark in the finish on the front but no dings or gouges. Ships in a Roadrunner gig bag. Sounds great as is, easy to mod further if you want to.

This is a great gigging bass, at this price point I felt good about taking it into any venue. It gets a great variety of usable Fender tones, classic P to modern zing. This setup works for everything I have asked it to: classic country & rock, modern slap, burpy fingerstyle, overdriven pick style, fat dub. The Audere pre makes it easy to tweak on stage, I found this guy very easy to dial-in in real time.

$400 plus shipping. Trades considered for a Tribute M2000, not interested in much else right now but you never know, run 'em on by!

PA113924_zpsdcdf1144.
    PA113933_zpsacbea70d.
    PA113935_zpsfb90798b.
    PA113941_zpsfe9a055a.
    PA113947_zps6f3195ae.
    PA113948_zps9c70fa6e.
    PA113956_zps027f6aed.

2. Khronic

Khronic Richard J. Naimish Banned

Oct 24, 2006
    Grand Junction, CO.
    Might check your link.

3. theschnitt

theschnitt

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Links fixed, new pics added. Adorable puppy not included.

4. DubHunter

DubHunter

Feb 15, 2008
    Columbia Gorge
    Fresh

5. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Interesting...I kinda dig these. Very gig worthy and versatile with the Audere in there.

6. Deepwoods

Deepwoods Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2003
    St. Louis
    How much does it weigh?

7. theschnitt

theschnitt

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ

Bathroom scale comes back with 9.0 lbs, it measures in half-pound increments. Thanks for your interest.

8. remcult

remcult Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    New Jersey
    Passive/active?

9. theschnitt

theschnitt

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Currently active with the Audere Pro JZ3 preamp - see this link for manufacturer's details. I like this preamp because it can be polite and transparent, just more gig-friendly to me (I don't know how anyone gigs with a v/v/t setup, I get better control with a master volume and blend). It does great tone shaping without imposing its own voice on the bass. It also achieves more radical effects by allowing the player to change the "z-mode," which varies the impedance load on the pickups. This is the same effect as swapping out capacitors in the tone circuit, a pretty common mod.

Here's a link to a review of the preamp from BP.

All that being said, if you like the bass but only play passive basses I can take the preamp out. As the OP says, I still have the original passive control plate. Please PM if you want to discussing pricing in such a case.

10. Where did you get the pickguard for this guy?

11. theschnitt

theschnitt

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Bump.

12. Sonic

Sonic Lord of the Grump

Alright, I'll take it.

13. theschnitt

theschnitt

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ