Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Musicmaster

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by SLiGhTLy_STooPiD, Jun 16, 2001.

1. i found a fender musicmaster today at the flea market for $120 and couldn't pass it up, so i bought it. Plus, i've been looking for a ss bass for awhile. The red finish isn't very pretty, it's seen it's share of belt buckles and picks. it has its' stock pickups, tuners, and bridge. the frets aren't in that bad of shape, though.

my dad's friend that specializes in guitar finishing will refinish (lake placid blue..) it for me at a VERY fair price. so i got that handled.

so what kind of pickups should i get? i'm planning on getting dimarzio J or P (maybe J + P combo?) pickups instead of the strat-like pickup that's already on there. (kinda like.... installing J pickups in a P bass..?) will mixmatching body style and pickup style hurt anything?

also, i'll be getting schaller tuners and either a gotoh or badass bridge. what do you think? good choices?

thanks