Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Mustang MIJ reissue, SKB hard case, extras

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by millard, Sep 2, 2005.

1. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    Fiesta Red, nearly perfect condition, gigged only a few times.

Trade bait: I would consider trading for an Eden D115XLT or Bag End 15" cab plus cash.

I have an SKB case that I refitted with some extra padding and then recovered to give it a proper fitting and attractive home for travel.

I have also put Hipshot Ultralite tuners on it and moved the end-pin hole up an inch which has really improved its balance. The Ultralites have the classic look, so unless you turn the headstock around, you'd never know. Original tuners included. Relatively new D'addario half-rounds.

No issues, it plays great, I just have other basses that get played more and I need to raise some cash for PA gear.

$575/OBO shipped. Discount for money order.

Millard

2. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    Here come da pix...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The case was modified to shorten the neck channel and additional padding was placed around body area and glued in with fabric glue.

[​IMG]
    The nice soft velour like material was fabric spray glued to existing fabric and neatly tucked inside case.

[​IMG]
    To help the balance, the endpin was moved up an inch. It help a teeny bit, but the tuners helped a lot.

[​IMG]
    Screw holes not filled-in in case you want to revert to the original tuning machines (which are included). The single hole required for the Hipshots would be covered by the original tuner plate.

Note small ding on edge of headstock.

Millard

3. b.bandit

b.bandit

Sep 20, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I am interested, but it appears you arnt telling everything, it looks as though you photoshopped on top of the fiesta red on the first pic, cuz the next pic down shows white where it is all red on the first pic. It looks two toen in the pic.

I may still be interested but shoot it staright. I may just be the camera and lighting and curves of the bass but I am not sure.

4. 5bassman

5bassman Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Kennesaw,GA
    I believe you are seeing a reflection. The dark area is where the case is reflected. :rolleyes:

5. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    First off, if you are worried at all, don't buy from me. If I wanted the eBay experience, I'd post it there. BTW, you can check my 100% positive eBay feedback under "mill17". I believe there is also positive feedback in the forums here.

The second picture is just reflecting the sky -- I'm a bass player, not a photographer. The second shot is intended to show how the bass fits nicely in the modified case. Given I circled the ding and made a point of providing pictures of all the exposed screw holes because of the mods I made, I'm actually a bit surprised that you would think I was obfuscating issues with the body (for which there is also a nice, clear picture).

Again, if you are at all concerned, <b>please</b> do not buy it. I post here for a lower stress exchange of equipment between players at reasonable prices. It's a great and very playable guitar that has been made even better with the mods I did. But I have two Cortobasses now and the Mustang doesn't get out of the case often enough to warrant keeping it.

Millard

6. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    bump, won't do this often.

7. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Beautiful bass, and I want it very badly... (I do love me some short-scale basses!!)

However, I also want to continue eating and sleeping indoors, as well as all of the other niceties of married life that would surely end if I were to purchase... So, here's a free bump for a nice bass...

-robert

8. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    What he said. It hurts, it's so beautiful.

9. r05c03

r05c03

Jul 21, 2005
    Lafayette, IN
    pmed

10. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    Still available.

11. Oh, %$#@*&!!! if I only had money, man.

I've got small hands and one short-scale would do me good...

:scowl: :rollno: :scowl: :rollno: :scowl: :rollno:

Oh well promo to a cute bass...

12. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    Before long, I'm going to return it to factory configuration and pimp it out on eBay (no one there will understand the value the Hipshot Ultralite tuners bring to the party). I'll do one more bump next month before it's gone.

Thanks...Millard

13. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    I need to cover some other purchases and I'd rather this go to a fellow TBer than deal with eBay, but go it must.

I'll go to $550 shipped as it is now -- which is a total freaking deal with the nicely refitted SKB hard case and HipShot tuners (and the original Fender tuners included).

Or, I'll put the original Fender tuners back on and go $495 shipped with the SKB hard case.

Only trade I'd consider is a Bergantino HT210 cabinet.

Thanks...Millard

14. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal