Fender Mustang PJ Chicago Music Exchange exclusive?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B-Mac, Apr 20, 2019.

1. B-Mac

B-Mac Happiness is a warm puppy and a great bass Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Anyone put in a order for this?

Not crazy about the Mustang but the black and maple and tort is getting the old G.A.S. going!

4E97D823-A8FB-442A-9B7C-1E6B952E34A3.png 84334DCB-4EBC-4D8C-AFB3-AA6759E8A956.png

60bass, Tom0Blam0 and Snibborwocky like this.
  2. pudge

pudge

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    Dump the J p.u. and put the standard mustang split coil in there and i'm in.

3. Mustang Surly

Mustang Surly

Jul 10, 2013
    Was a time that maple neck would've really piqued my interest, but they waited too long to offer it as an option and my preferences now lie with other designs.

mapleglo and creaturegods like this.
  4. JKos

JKos

Oct 26, 2010
    Surprise, AZ
    Holy, moly that looks nice! Love black with maple (see avatar).

- John

bobba66 and B-Mac like this.
  5. organworthyplayer337

organworthyplayer337 Professional Hack

Oct 28, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    These have been available for a few months now, I bought one. They are just regular Mustangs in a different color.

B-Mac likes this.
  6. organworthyplayer337

organworthyplayer337 Professional Hack

Oct 28, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    IMG_1083.JPG IMG_1099.JPG IMG_1083.JPG IMG_1086.JPG IMG_1091.JPG

mapleglo, FlyingV73, Bodeanly and 9 others like this.
  7. mbell75

mbell75

May 23, 2016
    Hmmm , I had wondered what those Mustangs would sound like with a maple board. Any video reviews anywhere?

lowdownthump likes this.
  8. B-Mac

B-Mac Happiness is a warm puppy and a great bass Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

9. B-Mac

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    organworthyplayer337 likes this.
  10. mbell75

mbell75

May 23, 2016
    I love short scales but can’t deal with the boomy and thumpy sounding E string. Does the maple board cut down on that?

11. I have had major GAS for this bass for a few months now and really want to add a short scale to my collection. I'm really liking the black with tort guard + maple neck look.

bobba66 likes this.
  12. Mekana

Mekana

Nov 4, 2009
    I love mine!!

EAAD69E7-8BF1-404A-BEB3-1AC37ABDE3B3.jpeg

13. I've had a CIJ and JMJ Mustangs and IMO the JMJ with LaBella MUS flats has a very sold E string, and due to the string through body and high tension of the LaBella's the strings don't feel floppy either. I always felt the CIJ had a hollow sounding E. It could have been the thinner neck on the CIJ, as the JMJ has a little Louisville slugger for a neck.

kevinpmajka likes this.
  14. Wfrance3

Wfrance3 Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    Never owned, or played a short scale to my recollection. - id want to mod it with stacked vvtt like in a 62 jazz bass. On 34” basses that I have played, my typical setting is back pickup 50% or so, and the master tone rolled off maybe 10-ish %...

15. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
  16. mbell75

mbell75

May 23, 2016
    You can pick one up used around $100. Small price to pay if you really loved the bass.

17. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Oh well, it’s long gone. Except D-tuners on four strings, I have never been big on mods. I like basses that come the way I like them.

18. I had the Sweetwater seafoam green version and I liked the sound of the pickups combined but the J was very weak solo’d and the stock toggle switch was very noisy when switching.

In the end, I sold it. But, I do like the look of the CME exclusive over the Sweetwater exclusive. They waited too long to put it out.

19. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    Maybe with some cream colored p/u covers....:woot:

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  20. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I bet that would look great!

bobba66 likes this.