Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Mustang reissue

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by joe_cool_72, May 11, 2005.

1. joe_cool_72

joe_cool_72

May 10, 2005
    Howdy,
    I played on a '66 Mustang yesterday and loved it... I have 3 questions...

1. what is the general opinion of the reissue mustang?

2. I know gibson makes a similar sized bass, the EB0... are there any other basses like these that I should look into?

3. Are there any similar scale basses that are 5 or 6 string?

Any insight is appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    I just sold mine last week on Ebay ONLY because I wanted a regular scale bass.
    The reissue Mustangs are xlnt instruments. Better than any mexico bass I have owned(about 3) or any of the uSA Fenders I've had (about 3).
    Mine was vintage white and the finish was perfect. The neck was also perfect.
    The sound was nice also. Like a mellow P bass. Very easy to get around the neck.
    I recommend it.

Don't waste your time and money on the Epiphone EBO or the Gretch short scale. Both are junk compared to the Mustang. Yeah the Mustang is twice the price, but pro quality all the way.

Also, the SX short scale P bass is very decent for the price. I would get that before the Epiphone or Gretsch. I had one of those too, ( I play "musical chairs" with instruments). I swapped out the electronics for a SD basslines and it gave it a huge sound.