Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fender mustang

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TAKEUPARMS, Mar 18, 2006.

1. TAKEUPARMS

TAKEUPARMS

Nov 9, 2005
    has anyone tried a fender mustang? because i'm into like riffing, tapping, pretty much alternative stuff, and i was wondering if the neck is good for that. I like how the body looks, and i hear it sounds punchy just the sound i was looking for. so any comments?

2. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I played I think a '70-something competition mustang (the one with the stripes) and I really dug it. Haven't had a chance to try the new ones, though.

3. I've got a re-issue from about 13 years ago...great bass! Real thick, beefy sound compared to the other 72-77 parts mustang I've got

4. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I don't see any reason why it couldn't be used for tapping if it was setup for that... I have a '78 Musicmaster, (essentially the same neck and body, different electronics...), setup for roots/rock/country but if I lowered the action and put lighter strings on it, (and if I could tap :D ) it would work...

-robert