1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Neo 115 Specs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basso_profundo, Nov 26, 2017.

1. basso_profundo

basso_profundo

Mar 12, 2012
    Denver, CO
    Heya,

I've noticed differences between the retail and Fender's online specs for the Neo 115:

- Fender says 54 pounds/retailers says 45
    - Fender says recessed bar handles, but their pic shows spring handles/retailers say bar handles
    - Fender says casters are add-ons/retailers say casters are included

Anyone know why the differences? I found some older threads talking about how the Neo 115 weight went up with a wood material change...

2. Because retailers screw up trying to re-write what the manufacturer says.
    Odds are that Fender is right. And even if not, who the hell are the vendors to re-write manufacturer information?
    Email Fender if you want to be sure.

AstroSonic likes this.
  3. I've got 2 of em. One I've had since 2013 new. The other I found 2nd hand. ...coz....

After buying the new one and REALLY liking it, I decided to get another for a lightweight and terrific sounding 2x115 stack. Turned out the 2nd one was a lot heavier than the 1st. Even tho the advert card ON the new (my 2nd ) cab stated under 50lbs. It was up around 62lbs (if my memory serves me right. ...it probly doesn't, I did write about it on here tho, so a search MAY find something ). I'd had this 2nd, heavier cab for a few months by the time I had em both at a gig and realized one was heavier than the other. The weight didn't really bother me in itself, but I'd bought it to match my 1st one and as I bought it new etc. ..it SHOULDA been how it was described on the advertising card that came with it.
    To their credit, Fender Aus came to the party and refunded me my purchase price. ...I WOULD'VE liked a new cab that actually weighed what it was stated to, but Fender said that they'd used different wood &couldn't guarantee the weight accuracy.
    I found out from them when abouts they changed the cabs and searched for an early model Bassman Pro Neo 115.
    Eventually I found one and I'm a happy Tasmanian :woot:
    Now. ...to the GOOD stuff.

Mine both have recessed metal handles. ..not the spring loaded ones.
    Mine came WITH removable casters.
    Mine BOTH sound fantastic, look great, handle a ton of power and are nice and lightweight. WIN WIN WIN WIN imo.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    So.... take from that what you will :bassist:
    20160429_164157_zpsooxwyorj.
    And. ..btw.. the Super Bassman amp up on top... best amp I've ever used.

Edit :-
    early 115 serial no.
    20140713_113211_zps80ajfcxn.
    Side view. ...handles
    20160429_164315_zpsbe8d31e1.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    frankzelf, Linnin, RColie and 2 others like this.
  4. Nice rig. drool

rodl2005 likes this.
  5. basso_profundo

basso_profundo

Mar 12, 2012
    Denver, CO
    Thanks guys - I've sent an email to Fender asking them for clarification, see what they say. I generally go with the manufacturer specs, but it's odd that all the retailers I see have the same different numbers...and thanks for sharing the pics, that is a pretty sweet rig!

6. tat2clod

tat2clod

Nov 19, 2011
    Bloomington IN
    Thanks for the info will be adding a 1x15 to my current Bassman 800 not decided on the 100T or Super Bassman? The 100T will do anything I do either will be my first all tube head. My 4x10 has the solid handles have seen both handles on either seems as though there is more of the spring loaded handles in my searches. Awesome rig you’ve got.

7. basso_profundo

basso_profundo

Mar 12, 2012
    Denver, CO
    FYI that Fender says:

1) The actual weight on that cab is 45 pounds.
    2) The cabs now come with a bar style handles. That was a running change at the beginning of 2017.
    3) The casters are included with the cab.

8. Well. ... dunno why my 2012 & 13 115s both came with bar type handles... and why one. ..a 2014 model was 62lbs ?

Anyway. ..great cab! Enjoy.

9. I keep hearing good things about those Fender Neo cabs. Will have to make an effort to audition. BTW, that 'early 115 serial number' photo shows 3 screws missing - that could allow a significant leak. If you still have that cab, maybe replace those missing screws.

rodl2005 and bobcruz like this.
  10. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    +1. Not only will that jack plate whistle like somebody's mother, the leaks could change the tuning of the cab enough to blow the woofer (though not very likely). If the holes are stripped, use wooden matchsticks inserted with wood glue to provide a purchase for the screws.

11. Thanx. ..the pic was taken when I removed the back plate .. all back in place now.

AstroSonic likes this.
  12. The Regulator

The Regulator

Aug 10, 2005
    The newer Fender Neo cabs are heavier, maybe they are using thicker/heavier wood.
    My Neo 610 weighs 77lbs, the newer ones weigh 95 lbs.
    I used to have a Neo 410 that weighed 55 lbs, the newer ones weigh 64lbs.