Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender newbie needs help :(

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Airsick Pilot, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Hey guys. I was thinking of getting either one of these Fenders since I am not able to get a Carvin. I'll be visiting the shop soon to test 'em but before I do just wanna find out what you guys think of them...their differences...their tone, etc. I really know nothing when it comes to Fenders so could you guys help me out, please?

Fender Classic 60's Jazz Bass(MIM)
    Fender Deluxe PBass Special(MIM)

Thanks guys.

2. 1) The Classic Jazz bass is a Jazz bass with two jazz pickups, jazz bass body, jazz neck.

2) The Deluxe P is a P/J bass, with a P and Jazz pickup, P-body, jazz neck.

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I would hook up with the Deluxe p-bass. Sweet growl tones, if thats your thing, PLUS MORE growl from the J pickup at the bridge. I was going to get it, it has some killer growl. AND a FASTER neck.

4. Probably the best would be Delux P. You just have to go see because if i had a choice it would be Jazz.

5. mcbosler

mcbosler

May 12, 2000
    Plano, TX
    My p-bass special is my primary axe and will be until it dies...most versatile tone out of a passive system i've EVER heard, and extremely playable. sounds great through both large and small rigs (i practice on a fender bxr 60 and rehearse/gig with a 600 W rig; 4x10 and 1x18). Highly recommended.