fender noiseless j

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dunamis, May 3, 2005.

1. dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
  2. dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    ... hoping for the benefit of some experience ... :)
  3. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

haven't had them but don't recall reading any negative comments about them, only good stuff. And it wasn't that long ago that I checked online and from what I remember somebody had them new for $100 a set - and in my book that is cheap from a retailer.
  4. YES!
    I use them on my new MIA Jazz Bass with S-1 switch. These are awesome pickups. VERY noise free, Hotter (12.5K vs. 8k originals) The volume and sound rivals active but better in my opinion because they are passive. If you put them in I suggest you wire the bridge pickup ground to the ground lug in the bottom of the pickup cavity as original. I love these pickusp. They are 95 percent of the stock sound but hotter, very good clarity, deeper lows, excellent mids, smooth highs.
    Highly recommended!
    Made my bass sound more expensive.
    Works very well with Elixer Nanowebs .050-.105's to give a better P bass with EQ and still retains growl....lots of it if you use a pick.
  5. marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    They're nice. I'd characterize them as a soft sounding pickup in that they sound like a passive single coil when they're driven by a preamp.

You know how when you dig into a passive pickup w/ no preamp you can can it to break up a little in a pleasant way? These pickups retain that quality even when buffered.
  6. dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Thanks all for the helpful replies. I just ordered a set! Can't wait till they get here! :hyper:

7. You will absolutely love them!

8. Yes, I agree.
    When I said they rival an active, I meant in output level being being higher.