Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Noiseless Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by markjazzbassist, Jul 6, 2005.

1. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    hey i have a Fender MIM fretless jazz right now and im thinking about removing the bartolini 9J pickups i have in it right now and replacing them with Fender Noiseless Jazz Pickups. The pickups have great tonal quality, but are a little to warm and they disappear in the mix. I'm hoping the Fender pickups will help me to stand out a little bit more.

Does anyone have any experience with the Noiseless Pickups?

2. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I have only heard the "noiseless" pups with an active bass. My Victor Bailey jazz has these pups and thats one awesome bass! People who hear it can't believe it's a Fender or that it has stock Fender pups in it. I have never heard these pups with passive basses though i'm very interested in hearing what it sounds like.

3. vic_6

vic_6

Dec 19, 2004
    Manila, Philippines
    yeah, id like to join in on this. i was thinking of getting some noiseless pups for my passive 5. wonder how it'll sound...

4. markjazzbassist

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    wait a second. So if you have only heard them on active basses are these pickups active? Are the custom shop or the new original pickups passive?

i am starting to rethink this.

5. I put Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups in my Passive MIA Jazz.
    Absolutely love them.
    Much better than the stocks plus no noise.
    They are 12.5K vs. stock 8k, very good clarity, lowend, mids and smooth highs. They retain 95% of the stock Jazz pickup sound and the output level rivals a 9 volt active in my opinion.

6. markjazzbassist

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    so you can put them in a passive bass. thanks a lot lovethatbass

7. Yep!
    They work really well as passive pickups. Better than the stocks. :bassist: