1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender noiseless pickups.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Cutty, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Cutty

Cutty

Jun 25, 2006
    U.K.
    What type of fender noiseless pickups would have been fitted to my 2001 USA jazz bass deluxe 5 string,there seems to be a few models of this type of pickup i believe,thanks.

2. Alivefor5

Alivefor5 Supporting Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Indiana
    I have a 2000 AmDlx J-5 that came with 10 pole pickups with Noiseless in gold on the covers. They are an alnico pole piece split humbucker. The version before these were made by Suhr and had 5 big alnico slugs. The next version are called the SCN version and the current ones are called N3. My only comment on the ones in my bass is that they are excellent with the stock preamp. I have switched preamps and pickups around enough to know that the stock components together are what I want and that bass will remain that way. It is a "go to" bass and especially good in the studio.

3. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    they wouldn't be "split" from fender (only the big-pole suhrs were that) but regular stack-type pickups.

as such, they're gonna be more quiet and "polite" sounding than real single coils. the stock preamp was designed with this in mind, adding back some missing "life" to the tone with a treble boost; individually, the two components tend to not sound that great without the other.