Fender Nostalgica fan

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by geezer316, Jun 23, 2003.

1. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    Ever since i watched a bass video called "Playing In The Style Of Fenders Greats",I have had a fixation with the history of the Fender bass.I think its cool knowing how the bass came to be,and the people who helped make it famous.Many of the people who performed this service did'nt get the credit they deserved at the time,but the Mowtown video opened peoples eyes to the face-less bass lines of all those hits of yesterday.i also have a couple of books that give a history lesson of the Fender bass,and had i not read those books so many interesting facts i would have never of known.Though S.R.V. did'nt play bass,his fender was one of the guitars that peaked my interest in the history of fender,just the look of his Strat say's "nostalgica",he had all that money and fame but yet he still played that beat up,no paint left guitar,that says alot about the name Fender.As did Jacos jazz bass,that thing was labeled his 'Distressed" Bass.so i guess you can say that not only do i prefer Fenders,i am a fan of their history as well. ANY OTHERS OUT THERE ? i know i'm not the only one:rolleyes:
  2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    The thing with fenders, is that they always seem right.

I mean, once you get passed all the basses with all the exotic woods and all the fancy electronics and you want something simple, Fender is always the safest choice.

If I had to pick a brand new bass right now, and had to pick between 4, but i did not get to play them or hear them before i bought them, i would go with the fender.

They are always right.
  3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    fenders just happen to be so good that companys just do copys of fenders basses...
    eveeryone has a copy of a jazz bass or p-bass...